Friday, January 25, 2008

friday again?

After SPM, when you start getting a job, be humble. In fact, cut the crap and be humble even if you're in the Science stream since form four, because once you guys are all out of school, you all will be looking for jobs, and most of you from the arts and science streams will be working in the same line.

It's pretty strange-in school, the Science stream students (some at least) act like they own the world and the students in the vocational stream are the people in the background. But after school, all of us will be on the same level as seen by the older people around us: raw (mentah), innocent (tidak bersalah) and unscathed (belum dicat).

If you're looking for a job, it all boils down to what you have and what you are made of, not what stream you were in at school. You want a job? Make sure you have the
a. Skills
b. Personality
c. Talent
d. Intelligence
Please be informed that all of your schooling years (11 or so in total) may not guarantee either one nor all of the above needed to pass a simple interview for a job.

You have to be made of tough stuff to stand the challenges, all physical, emotional and mental to get through the first month of your job. It would help if you were to think of the whole working stint as a testing ground to independence in your later years, because after you get your degree you will always start from scratch, you know? So be strong, be independent and don't complain too much or you'll find yourself quitting. Always remember "Quitters never win and winners never quit".

Something I've always thought is after I get my first paycheck post-SPM: Will I be tempted to work work work at the same pace everyday to get that exhilarating taste of money in my hands (again) and live for money? Or will I muster the courage, intelligence and guts to say "No, I will not settle for this because I know there is something out there in the world waiting for me to do, and I will continue on where I've left and work my butt off for the mission I have in mind!"?

I've heard from someone (forgotten who) that students from co-ed schools work in the F&B line while students from single-sex schools like RZ and Convent work in clothing stores. *looks around* HAHAHAHA how true is that?

Another bone I want to pick on is the trend of gyms. You know what I'm talking about-those health centres which suck your money for health you can get elswhere for free. Or not. Whateverlah. Anyway.
If you were to stand at the escalator to Fitness First in Aeon shopping centre (been hanging around there lately for the sales, etc) you will notice a lot of people walking upwards to the gym at the second floor. What I want to point out is the irony of it all. Some health freaks don't take the escalator, they wait for the lift to bring them up to the second floor! And there's also a few people wearing the bag that says Fitness First lining up in sports shoes at McDonalds. Okay, I am being mean. I apologize, please forgive me.

Good night!

No comments: