Saturday, January 19, 2008

\( ^,^)/

I bet you didn't know that...

The Quiksilver logo is half of the Roxy logo.

Take the Roxy logo...


...and cut it into half (ooh, emo I know). Take the left hand part and turn it clockwise 90 degrees.
Ta-DAH!

I found this out after staring at the Roxy accessories shop at Aeon for half an hour.
Not by reading Wikipedia, okay?
It's not bogus...'cos Roxy and Quiksilver are owned by the same surfing company.


At youth (or is it outreach now?) we all settled down for a screening of We Are Marshall. It's a true story about this (American) football team which won a game then all perished in a plane crash. But then something rose from the ashes and there's a new football team that takes on the challenge of being as good as, if not better than their old team.

Winning is everything....and then it doesn't mean a thing. Winning is fun. A bonus especially if you gave your all in a game.

Shannon and I had a fun time figuring out who was the cute assistant coach. I thought it was Adam Sandler...but it was Matthew Fox, the Jack from Lost. I wanted to ask her if the main actor was Matthew McConaughey. He DID look like the guy Oprah interviewed last year. Turns out he is!

I have a good eye for actors. Speaking of Oprah, guess who's she interviewing tomorrow? Anyway.

We Are Marshall is a typical guy movie-sports, ego and victory, all in a movie. Minus the chick. If you add in the chick then it becomes Jerry McGuire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...and cut it into half (ooh, emo I know)."

I love this line! I dedicate it to all self-proclaimed emos out there.