Thursday, September 6, 2007

trials begin on monday


picture taken from amazon.com. doesn't she look like The Thinker here?

I'm listening to Amy Winehouse (yes, the drug addict slash singer)'s latest album, Back To Black.
My sister got this album from a contest. She has a blog too, and I didn't know that.

Anyway...Amy Winehouse is a talented singer-her music speaks for herself. However so does her attitude. Cherylyn says:
yeah... i read somewhere she's kinda cuckoo


I have yet to go through the whole album. It starts with Rehab. The one on radio is the entertaining one with Jay-Z. Seriously, doesn't it sound entertaining? It's like drama on radio. The Rehab version on Back To Black doesn't have Jay-Z's rap in it.

One song that I've heard and like is You Know I'm No Good. The beat sounds like a rainy day even more than Umbrella's beat. Overall it has a soulful taste to it, like the whole album (according to a review). The basses and trumpets also sound like they work together very well here. The trumpets add some very high-class emo style to the song. I think this song should have been called Trouble, but YKING is a nice title too. Here's an excerpt of the lyrics:

Then you notice likkle carpet burn,
My stomach drops and my guts churn,
You shrug and it's the worst,
Who truly stuck the knife in first

What does "likkle" mean?

There's also a song on the album called Back To Black. I've seen the music video-it's all black and white. Here's the dramatic lyrics:

I die a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to black

This is not that kind of song you'd expect to hear on Hitz FM, but it's definitely one of the best songs on the CD. Very emotional and musically inclined too, not like the kind of things you teenagers listen to these days-I mean, how can you all put up with songs like "This Is Why I'm Hot"? What's so hot about Mims I don't know but I know that song is WEEEEEEEEIRD.


I went to U-Mae's birthday party last Saturday. It was fun and tasty (the food lah doink). Today's her birthday.
I still remember one of your birthdays-was it the sixth or the fifth?-when you had this enourmous pink Barbie doll birthday cake which stood on its own. The dress was soo frilly. And pink.

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY U-MAE!
(sorry i can't make the words flash/blink/change color/pink)



-gosh, she's going back to black too-

No comments: