Saturday, September 8, 2007

transition elements, amy winehouse's back to black






In life, we should be like transition elements.

Among the physical properties of transition elements are they are good conductors of electricity and heat. We should learn to conduct these things as they are critical for life.

Besides that transition elements can form colored compounds. We should be colorful to attract the attention of other people, especially future clients of our future law firms.

Transition elements can also form complex ions. In life we should be complex to confuse our enemies. Among the complex ions transition elements can form are potassium hexacyannoferrate (II) and (III).
Also remember that transition elements have variable (many) oxidation numbers, like copper which can be copper (II) and (III). [2+ and 3+] Therefore we should also learn to be like that, that is to have multiple personalities. If having multiple personalities scare you, you should be a Jack of all trades, as that is what transition elements are too.

Not only are transition elements used as crystals due to their color(amethyst, ruby, etc) they are also used as catalysts, like iron powder and platinum. Now, you may be asking why should we be like catalysts? Well, being a catalyst in life enables us to help others to be the best they can be without compromising on the quality of our own life.
Transition elements can be found in groups 3 to 12 in the periodic table.


picture taken at berjaya times square
Happy belated birthday Bawanie Rachel!
"Don't tell me your house there no CC ah?"-that guy's line will forever be embedded in our memories. Not so much his name though. Sad.
Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me,"


Amy Winehouse's Back To Black gets an 8.7/10 from me. There are almost no bad songs here, and the msot teruk thing from this album is it might not be a hit among teenagers. Plus, I'm not a big fan of Wake Up Alone. Anyway...

Among the songs I thought stood out was Tears Dry Up on Their Own-it sounds very old, very grandiose too in its own style. It reminds me of Ain't No Mountain High Enough for some reason-maybe it's the way the song leads up to the chorus!
He Can Only Hold Her is a great end to a musically interesting album.
*standing ovation*

There was a post a few weeks back with only a picture of Gym Class Heroes. Remember that? Well, we didn't get to go to SINGFEST but we, I mean SHE got the GCH album, As Mean As School Children.

I've listened to it, and it's nothing to shout about 'cos I don't like that genre (rap/hip hop/whatever) but I find the Sloppy Love Jingle Parts 1, 2 and 3 very funny-it's like a stand up comedy, except it's all rap.
Thank you Hitz FM for spoiling my sister.

By the way, speaking of sisters, I've just dropped by Siti Sarah (Khadijah's sister)'s blog, and I must say she sure loves her big sister a lot! There's even a link to Khadi's friends on her blog! Wishful thinking, but what would I not give for my sister to treat me better.

No comments: