Sunday, July 8, 2007

The rally did not rock. God did.

What does this...

Have to do with this?


My Saturday morning was filled with SPM-bound education. After that, we went to eat. He drove all the way from STAR to MGS just to grab a decent bite. What friends I own.

At 2 my mom dropped me off at church and hid in an alley for half-an-hour while I jumped and sang my heart out to God.
As tired as I was, I gave my all to God and praised Him. And he filled me with His joy to the BRIM. A few representatives (I was the only one for my school) was prayed for and we shouted some stuff and it was 2.30pm. My mom picked me and Jon Kok and dropped us off at Hin Hua. I saw Lydia and Calvin at the main gate. Afterwards we went for the prayer walk.

Adrian Yap shared on Noah's Ark, which was so fitting to the day's event. As hot as it was during the walk, I knew and felt God there. Prayer walk ended at 3.45pm, which meant it ate up the dancer's practice time.

We had to improv-lah. Anyway, it was okay-okay. The girls still will not smile. I went to fetch my mom's friends who were doing our make up for RM 20 per girl. It had to be super thick and we didn't have the experience. Jason from GTA offered to do the short hair girls. Seriously, I didn't know hair and make up could take up to 2 hours for 7 girls. Make up was thick and I liked the hairstyles of everyone. Chun lah.

We ate, sweated, shouted, jumped, talked, sat, complained and got nervous. We prayed the most, I must say. After the make up, before our practice, before the crowd got in, before we went on stage-lots and lots.

The dance? Nothing fantastic, but the audience seem to love it. I heard "Siaw Wei! Siaw Wei!" the most. LOL. She's the most quiet of us all. Thank God nothing went wrong. I believed we all enjoyed serving Him that night. The song that we danced to was an edited version of Arise by Planet Shakers. I have to thank God for using Jon to cut the song. 5 times. Or more. GOD IS SO GOOD! He used us to pump the crowd up.

Praise and Worship was afterwards. Directly afterwards. So after we got off, Nisha and I went as front as we could to the stage and praised Him. The girl in front of me wasn't really praising God-she was enjoying the whole thing like it was a concert of sorts. To each man his own. There was also a choir team! The more the merrier, no?

The girl leading the fast songs was wearing, of all things, a pendrive around her neck. Go figure. U-Mae was cool on stage leading the slower songs-God was surely moving around us. Some may not have felt it, but I knew He was next to me.

Speaking of to each man his own, before the whole event started, this girl in a Hin Hua shirt asked me what was the event all about ('cos the praise and worship was practising on stage). She asked, "Is it like a battle of the bands?"

The emcees of the year were Brian and Amy from La Salle and Convent. I think. Anyway, they were versatile. This is the only year the theme can change repeatedly.

Pastor Gurmit Singh shared a message. He was the one who came to Harvest Youth last year. Pastor Gideon from GT was also there! He was the pastor at last year's Pow Wow. It was great to talk to them afterwards. The camel message by Pastor Gurmit was weird...but it made sense.

To all who have received Jesus into their lives on Saturday, I want to give you a big hug and say welcome to the family. You're on the greatest life journey you can ever choose to participate in. To those who didn't accept Jesus last Saturday, we'll be seeing you next year.

No more Thursday afternoons at High School...no more Thursday night practices at Fellowship Hall. No more going to Charlotte's house. No more Hwa Hui and Siaw Wei chatting together. No more Nicole raising her voice in exasperation. No more Nisha and I with all of them. No more "SMILE SMILE THREE FOUR, SMILE SMILE SEVEN SMILE!" along to Arise. No more Yee Ling and her big smile. No more Tsien Lee adding hip-hop elements to the routine. Tsien Lee was the only one absent from Saturday's event due to certain reasons.

Did you know that we originally had eight dancers? 2 reps from 4 schools. It dwindled down to SEVEN last Friday. Did I also mention that the rally was held on the seventh day of the seventh month of 2007? I don't think it was a coincidence.

To all who have made a difference for God on Saturday, I say to you, YOUR JOB IS NOT DONE. Gambatte! To the leaders (including Cally), thank you for being there. YOUR JOB IS NOT DONE and God leads.
To the people who came just for the sake of saying "I've been to the rally and I walked out/camwhored/sms-ed/talked/looked for hot guys/look for hot girls/went to mamak when the pastor was talking.", I say to you, I am this close to whacking you in the face and kicking your behinds. If you ever see my face again, you'd watch your back.

Good night!

XOXO

No comments: