Tuesday, July 17, 2007

choir

http://niaangel.blogspot.com/

I'm posting this in regards to JQ's post.

First of all, how can "You Raise Me Up" be a Christian song? Granted, yes, Josh Groban DID sing "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" but it doesn't make ALL his songs Christian songs!

And at least the Convent choir can execute the song well. It's so predictable. Something that touches on something else can be blown up to be something so unreasonable.

Am I happy that Convent didn't make it to the finals? No, because they are good singers. Am I unhappy that they got third because the judges labelled You Raise Me Up as a song for church choir? Heck yes!

No one should be rated based on the inspirations of a song or, for that matter, how the song inspires others.

Of course, these are just my rantings. I wasn't there to see the whole thing myself so I can't say anything. BLEK

On another note, this year's inter school pancaragam contest finals will be held in August at Bukit Jalil. The school representing Perak is Sam Tet Secondary School. How do I know this? I read the newspaper. HAHAHAHA. It turns out one of my pen pals studied there as well! According to the newspaper article, the Sam Tet pancaragam played Offspring's Pretty Fly For a White Guy (if you don't know how that song sounds, shame on you) and Tanah Pusaka. I'd like to see how that was carried out.

No comments: